Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why is doing what's right so hard?

So, yesterday I told one of my roommates off for breaking the honor code. I was nice but strong about it (or at least I hope I was nice) and now none of them will really talk to me unless they want to complain or be a smart mouth. I was just following what I knew to be true and I'm now being punished for it. Can I say not fair?!?! I mean, them being like that is not really an incentive for keeping to do the right. We are all adults. Can't we just get over ourselves and act like civilized human beings? Obviously not for some people. I'm trying to be, but I don't know if it's working. At least I have my great friends' dorm to crash at whenever I want. Thanks Brittany Farnsworth and Karen Baldwin! Don't know what I would be doing without you two right now!

4 comments:

  1. because life sucks! it's like how Rueben got served when Abraham caught him sleeping around, but lo and behold THE VERY NEXT chapter Judah sleeps with a whore and NOTHING happens to him. The lord just has to bless us in different ways you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say something different, which is why I deleted my last comment.

    Yes, life can suck. As my brother would say it "sucks eggs" which doesn't exactly make sense. But just because I know it can and sometimes does, it doesn't make life any easier no matter how much I may want it to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing what is right wasn't ment to be easy, quite frankly. If doing the right thing everyday was easy then it wouldn't benefit ourselves the way God intended it to be; it wouldn't make us stronger.
    It's like being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Since you are LDS, you know how difficult it is NOT to give in to the natural man and it's perseptions of living life. The LDS church is the most attacked church on the face of the planet. Why would Satan be focusing most his energy trying to slander and defile the gospel by which we use to live our lives and try to become like Christ? Answer: because it is right. Because it is the only true church on Earth and forever will be. Never feel embarrased, inferior, or alone in situations like you have had like this one. You did the right thing upholding your standards and enforcing it with honesty or vice versa. That takes SO MUCH COURAGE! Keep the Faith

    ReplyDelete