Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Friend Who Knows Me

Out of all the people one Earth, there is only one person that truly knows me. He is my best friend and I can depend on him for anything. Last night, I was stressed nearly till breaking point. There was just too much on my mind, the major thing being homework. I felt like I was running on fumes with hundreds of miles left to go and no fill-up in sight. So, when he texted me that he was going to bed and i told him good night, I was on the verge of losing it. And without me saying anything other than "night," he knew something was up and asked me if I was ok. To which I promptly said no. In a few, short words, I told him what was going on. And as if he knew exactly what I was missing, he asked "Did you talk to the big guy upstairs?" I had forgotten to pray to Heavenly Father for help in the hustle and bustle of the day. I told him thanks for reminding me and that I was calmed down, which was true for the most part. My stress wasn't gone, but I knew I could handle it. And then he said "Wonderful :) Just relax and let the Holy Ghost in. He's a cool guy too." Either he really know me, or the Spirit was guiding him in what to say. Or both. But regardless, I am so grateful for someone who knows me as well as he does. Thanks for the reminder Colt!

2 comments:

  1. That's quite the friend you've got there. Aren't friends like that just make life worth the fight? Knowing that they will be fighting and enduring right along with you? Blessed are we to have such amazing friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better myself :).

    ReplyDelete